The Beit Hamikdash- in the footsteps of Yirmiyahu
Time & Location
About the event
As we continue to prepare for the nine days and tisha B'av, today we will be heading out to trace the footsteps of Yirmiyahu. Many meshalim (parables) brought in his nevuot incorporated the nature around him. BS"D we will try to learn about the eternal messages he shared through the lens of his surroundings.
Sites: Meeting by: Mt Scopus and then on towards Ein Prat Nature reserve.
Time: The tour is approximately 3 hours long. We will be starting early because Ein prat is likely to start filling with people early.
Cost: Entrance fees by: by Ein Prat- 29 for an adult and 15 for a child.
Difficulty:* Easy, a fair amount of walking though.
To bring: it is recommended to bring along a hat, water, Tanach, water shoes and whatever else you need if you plan on going into the water. as a group we won't be going into the bigger pools but will have the option to walk in the water and wet our feet...
Families with children are welcome to join! They can splash around a bit while we learn (each is responsible for watching their own children).
- Registration is Mandatory! There can be changes even up to the last minute and only those who have registered will be notified. As such, please register in advance for all tours you are interested in joining so as to avoid unfortunate miscommunications.
- Cost: all tours are guided on a tip only basis. This is so that no one will feel that they can't join because of budgetary concerns. (Tips help us keep our Torah Tours open to everyone, but no one will ask you to pay for the guiding, so either way we hope that everyone will feel comfortable joining us!)
- Entrance fees: There are occasional entrance fees that are generally noted in the description for each field trip.
- Transportation: We look forward to seeing you at the starting point :) Transportation is not provided so that we can keep costs down for you. Please note when registering if you have room for others, or need a ride, and where from. This is so that BS"D we can help facilitate rides for those who need. In this way you can play a part in helping others be able to come and learn!
- Please invite everyone you know! The more people the better, so anyone interested is welcome! The field trips are generally accompanied with a source sheet so that we can learn together on site- where the events took place. We stop along the way for mini-shiurim on topics relating to our journey.
*Difficulty level: There is a really wide spectrum of people interested in joining, and we hope that everyone BS"D can find the trips that most speak to them and fit their needs. if you have nay questions if a particular tour is fit for you please feel free to contact us. In general, tours are rated here where easy is fitting for those who can walk on and off for up to three hours on relatively level ground.
- Please contact us with any questions! we are really happy to help, so looking forward to hearing from you.
See you in the field :)